Thursday, March 24, 2005
Creator of the Spuds...
Wow! My God is AMAZING! There is so much to see here in England! God is so creative in His design. I have had ups and downs here where I am in Sidmouth, England...but, I KNOW that God is at work. I am feeling a lot of stress from being on team. It is unfortunate. I don't like it. But it's not just physical stress! It is like a HUGE heaviness comes down on me. Grrrrrr.... Today is much better than yesterday. I was praying about it a lot. But I got to have a great time this morning. I told my personal salvation testimony (my story of how I became a Christian)...I've never had so much fun doing it!!
I was in a classroom full of grade 10 people. They asked if we had always been Christians and all five of us got to tell them our stories. I was the last one. And I even made them laugh. I told them all about how I longed for acceptance and love from my peers. The people who seemed to accept me were the druggies and alcies. I told them how I figured these people accepted me b/c I was kinda funny. So I figured I'd be as funny as possible and give them a good laugh when they were "high"...I got an interesting reaction from the class when I said that!
I went on to tell them about my going to a youth retreat (@NBI) and they played a game called the "heaven and hell game." I explained how it worked and how it changed my life. I also said, "God speaks to us in different ways! It won't be the same for you. Ha ha ha... He used this STRANGE game to remind me where I was headed. Like com'on! No one would be outside at recess and say 'LET'S PLAY THE HEAVEN AND HELL GAME!!!'" They laughed but, as they were walking out, I heard one boy say to another, "I'm going to remember that...the heaven and hell game!"
Spuds start with just a seed or an old spud. Then it "wakes up" and sprouts and produces more fruit.
I really do see this as a land of many spuds. People have been asleep. The seed is here. It just needs to sprout!
That is my prayer! There is a lot of need here. But there is a lot of opennings that we have had!!! God has opened schools to us to come in and share our message of hope! We even had the chance to be with a school for a WHOLE DAY!!! The kids and the teens really seem to soak it in. It is the adults that are the skeptics. But like mice or rats carrying disease into many homes through the sewers, children can bring the gospel and the things that they learned home to their parents! Ha ha ha. I hope many people get "infected with Jesus!!"
~spudout!!~ :)
Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @
6:07 AM
0 comments
Comments: