Sunday, March 13, 2005
Russkyi spuds!
Well, I'm finally done my last program here in London! I had to do a chalk art of a hand with a nail through it on a cross. Usually, Chris (another team member) did the picture...I had never actually seen it done. But PRAISE THE LORD that it went okay.
Oooo! Ooooo! Guess what? I got to visite some Russians last night. They had me over for supper. Then they invited me to come to the Russian church service today! It was GREAT! I didn't understand much, but it was good to hear how they actually speak! I figure if I get the way they say things engraved in my head, then maybe those teach yourself Russian books will be a little easier. :) Boy, do they make GREAT perogies! They have a name for it: (something like) verishkyi (don't forget to roll the r). There was potatoes and cottage cheese inside...mmm...spuds!
I am so glad to have this chance to meet up with Russians! Who would've thought! God knows way in advance! Cool!!!
spudout!
Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @
2:19 PM
0 comments
Comments: