Friday, July 22, 2005
Do you see the spuds in these last days?
Well, the year has come and gone SUPER fast!! In a few days, we will already be done all of our “ministry” together on team! It has been awesome to see God continue to answer prayer. We were praying for at least 20 kids to show up to our last DVBS and it turned out that the most number of kids we had was 39! Almost double! There were so many kids that were just from the community and had never set foot into a church, let a lone Easter, Christmas, weddings and funerals. It was a BLAST!
So many people ask me if I’m excited to be done. My first thought is: I’m not even thinking about it right now. I am enjoying every minute that I can before it’s over.
My second thought is: (DEEP BREATH…sigh…smile) Well, it would be nice to have a break! ha ha ha
As the day comes nearer, the thought of being separated from the people whom I’ve spent so much time with and have had so many memories with is a sad one…PRAISE THE LORD! I’m glad that I’ll be sad because how AWEFUL it would have been if we all couldn’t wait to see each other leave!
God has really brought us together. We’ve learned from each other, challenged each other, and have grown to love one another. It’s been awesome to experience the body of Christ…who would’ve thought that 10 VERY different people who didn’t know each other at all could learn efficient ways of working together and becoming friends!
In retrospect, I’m SO glad that I’ve done this! It has been a time where I really have to put into practice what I’ve learned from growing up and from Bible school! I used to think, “yeah, I’d love to do this again, but in a year, or too.” But now, I feel like I could keep doing this! Maybe that’s God’s gift of endurance to His workers!
I’m so thankful for all your prayers, and encouragement. Without you all, things would have been a lot tougher. Thanks be to God that no matter where we are we can lift each other up through prayer!
I suppose now, you can pray that the final remainder of my support will come in. We have seen God do exceedingly more than we can imagine! The rest of this is a piece of cake fore Him should He choose to provide this for us. There are about ½ of the people on our team who have a ways to go in their support.
There are 9 days left and wouldn’t it be awesome to say that God brought in it all and our whole team was debt free? I am under the final amount and there are people that are more and less than I am. I am a middle dweller. I remember at the beginning of the year thinking “$16 000! I could never get that much money!!” And I was right! Only God could do it! And He is! So please join with me in prayer in regard to this.
This fall, I am rally looking forward to going back to Nipawin Bible Institute for my 4th year! Hopefully, (Lord willing) I’ll graduate with a BA in Missions. It will be an awesome opportunity to share with other’s what I’ve learned and maybe encourage more to get involved in missions! We’ll see what God does.
May God continue to bless you and encourage you in His mighty power and awesome grace! Hebrews 10:24-25
~spudout~
Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @
12:59 PM
0 comments
Comments: