My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Monday, September 18, 2006  
Funny Growing!!!
HI!

Things have been keeping me on the go here in Oregon. Today, I did some music for the church's youth service called AfterShock. They said they really enjoyed it...especially since they had been doing the same songs for what seemed like forever!! (They liked my "Canadian songs.") There was a gal named Katie who was on drums, and an older guy (in his 70s) playing electric...his name is Joe Body, and he's got a beard that reminds me of Moses! (He used to play in a rock band before he met the Lord a couple of years ago...) I taught them 7 new(er) songs.

Yesterday, my cousins came for a visit...(My dad's next older brother Denny's [between him and Uncle Joe] daughter Doreen and her husband Eric and their boy Jacob.) When they came, I was in the process of picking blackberries...(blackberries have nasty vines with thorns on them!!) So I figured I should go and greet them. So I tried to leave, and soon realized I was STUCK!! I felt like I was stuck in a Waitabit tree like in The Gods Must Be Crazy!! I just needed my Mr. Stein to come help me...but there was no one who fit the category...the nearest one to me was a wild turkey!
But as you can see, I eventually freed myself after what seemed like a good 5 minutes! They even called out for me to come! They couldn't figure out what was taking me so long, but I had a good story! :)

Little Jacob wanted to ride a horse, so they put him on the little stallion that they have here, named Handsome. He's a sweet little guy...as long as it's at a walk. Jacob wanted me to have a turn. So I got on him for the first time. After a bit of walking, I asked him to trot...he tolerated it for only a little while, and then he figured he'd had enough. He tried to buck me off! :) It was fun! I hadn't been on a bucking horse for about 7 years!! He was unsuccessful. I got him calmed down again and all was well...so long as we were only walking. He likes that. So there are definitely some things to work on there.

Somehow, I have to find a way to get a deck of Dutch Blitz cards down here!! I haven't found anyone who has heard of it or played it before! Maybe it is a Canadian thing or...just a Mennonite thing...or both. I just thought of that, because, at AfterShock, they were discussing things to do with the youth group like playing games and eating food. There I suggested SMORES!! Some people turned and looked at me and winked, "Yay for Canadian food!" I didn't realize that they were! Oh well.

Check out Isaiah 26:3-4...It kind of reminds me of Proverbs 3:4-5, but a little different and very encouraging!!

talk to you later!

~spudout~


Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 12:19 AM   0 comments Comments: Post a Comment

>