My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
This Garden of many Spuds!
HI!!

Okay, so most of you know that I have been in Oregon since September 6...On the 21st, I flew from Portland to San Jose on an incredible seat sale with Alaska airlines! So for the past week, I've been running around visiting my mom's family that live down here, and helping to babysit for my "cousin."

It has been a nice 33 degrees Celsius!! (92 Ferinhiegt) Nice and sunny. I have primarily spent most of my time with my uncle Ted and his new wife Marti (who I just had the privilege of meeting!) That was fun and nice! Uncle Ted is my Mom's mom's son. (My mom comes from a very complex Californian family.) On Friday, they took me to an Indian restaurant!! I wore a sari and everything!! It was wonderful to speak some Hindi to someone who really understood...I received many compliments. :)

On Saturday, My Aunt Victoria and Uncle Greg came over cuz Greg wanted to buy Uncle Ted's motorcycle...and they worked it out to be able to come when I was there! (Aunt Victoria is my mom's youngest full sister.) It was really great to be with them! Aunt Marti has a parakeet named Willie, and a parrot named Pepper. Pepper took a liking to Greg. We would ask her, "Pepper, where's Greg?" and she would reply in a low growly voice, "GREG!"

After that, I began attempting to teach Pepper to sing "O Canada." The most I got out of her was a long drawn out "Oh." But I sang many other songs to her. We tried getting her to learn "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and "Father's Whiskers." I also sang the song about "Maggie" to her. It was really funny...I think she really enjoyed the music! She bobbed, and commented a lot...she would say, "What are ya doin'? Huh?" She was a very American bird! :)

On Sunday, My Uncle Ted, Aunt Marti and I all drove to see another Aunt of mine, my Auntie Jayne and her family. (Jayne is my Mom's dad's oldest daughter from his second marriage...So Uncle Ted and Auntie Jayne aren't even related, but still kind of call each other brother and sister...go figure!!) It was really great to catch up with them!

On Monday, I helped my Aunt Nancy (the Aunt that I'm living with in Oregon: my dad's sister-in-law) babysit her grandkids...that was fun...and I'm glad I most likely won't get three kids all at once!! That evening, I had the BEST clam chowder from the SPLASH restaurant in Pismo Beach...we didn't actually go to the beach, but Uncle Ted and Aunt Marti had a frozen bucket! It was so creamy and good!!!

Tuesday, Uncle Ted and I got to go to Black Angus steak house with my grandpa and his girlfriend (that he's had for all my life...). After, we visited at Grandpa's house, and played some games.

With all the family that I visited, I showed many pictures of home and of James and of Venture Teams International. My throat was pretty dry by the end of it...My Uncle Ted could almost recite it all with me!! Ha ha ha.

It was good to be able to see more family that I hadn't seen for years and years...Perhaps one day, God will cause us to grow closer together. But for now, the Randall garden is pretty spread out.

So Tonight, my Uncle Ted and I went to a Mexican food restaurant and played Cribbage when we got home. He won one and I won one...It was fun.

Tomorrow, I leave for Oregon around 1 pm. Then I get to get back into the swing of things...with all the cousins around...Yeah, my Aunt Nancy's daughter and three kids are coming back with us for a week!! That will be fun! I get to hold the baby more! His name is Gradin!! :)

So have fun growing your family gardens!!
~spudout~


Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 11:41 PM   0 comments Comments: Post a Comment

>