My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Sunday, September 10, 2006  
Whuts UP with ME??
My Dear Friends,

Many of you know my BIG news that I am now engaged. YAY!! James Witherow asked me to marry him August 26, 2006, while we were in northern Alberta to attend a couple of our Bible school friends’ wedding. So incase you are wondering, yes, we have thought of a date, but it won’t be for over a year. We are tentatively planning for sometime in November of 2007.

Let me tell you...I went through a crisis last month! The realization that I was not going back to school set in and a strange feeling of “I don’t know what to do now!” set in. The Lord is so good!! His timing is perfect! I had looked into going on a mission trip to Russia, but as much as they wanted me to come, I just felt that God was keeping that door closed again.

On Monday, September 4, 2006, I drove with James (my fiancé) to just north west of Calgary, Alberta. He will be having his own year experience with Venture Teams International (VTI). And oddly enough, they will be going to Russia! And not only James, but one of my best friends named Janelle Kroeker! At one point, I almost joined the staffing team at VTI, but as the Lord prompted James to go on team, I felt that it would be better for us and the team if I was not there.

It was hard to leave him that Wednesday morning. I was so thankful to meet the team and reconnect with some of my team members. The opening rally for the team was as much as a challenge for me. So I left, sad, but very encouraged and at peace that we were doing the right thing. From VTI, I drove all the way down to Oregon. I stayed overnight at my Uncle and Aunt’s house in Boring, just outside of Portland. The next day, I stopped to see the place where my Grandpa’s house was and another one of my uncles, then on to my destination.

So now, I am at my Uncle Joe’s Arabian horse ranch. I have been truly blessed in being here and getting to know my Uncle Joe and Aunt Nancy. Today, I got to go to church with them, and it was amazing how I just felt that God needed me here. I attended the college and career Sunday school class. We talked about Creation and how old the earth was. I was SO shocked at how many of them were either undecided or chose to side with the argument that the earth is really old! Let me tell you, we had an interesting rebuttal and discussion.

Pastor Clay invited me to join in the Sunday evening service by playing guitar with him in the singing time. So I’ll be heading off to that right away. Life is an adventure, you never know what’s just around the corner...The main thing is to be completely sold out for Christ...no regrets! He is my way, He is my truth, He is my life! Let’s get on fire for Him and show the world who He is!

God bless you! ~ Karina ~


Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 5:52 PM   0 comments Comments: Post a Comment

>