My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Saturday, October 14, 2006  
Spudding USA
Hey!!


I don't know if people remember the first couple of posts that I had when I started this blog, but my theme is growth in me and others... I coined the word "spudding" from my nickname "Spudnik." So I just have fun with spud words!


Well, this week has really been a blessing! I have started to go to one of the ladies' Bible studies at the church. It is fun to fellowship with the ladies! We also had a "Gong Show" where MANY people nearly rolled off their chairs in laughter. I got to do the all famed "Rindercella" story! And all of us Gradins, as well as an honorary Gradin, named Bryce Dryden, did the "Radio Skit" for everyone! There were many "Emma and Ole" and "Lena and Ole" jokes! They got me laughing so hard that I had to squeak the air in!


We've also had some visitors. The family that recently came were the Palos. (I hope I spelled their name right.) Anyway, Dan is my Sunday School teacher, and Jennifer is expecting at the end of the year...BUT, she plays guitar!! She played a beautiful song she'd written at church on Sunday...very pregnantly I might add! It was incredible! I'd never seen anything like it! Very inspiring! Anyway, now we are hoping to do a Steven Curtis Chapman song in church the first Sunday of November...and I get to go to her guitar lesson and work on it with her and her teacher! I get a free guitar lesson!! YAY!!


I also got to go visit the Master Pastor and his family. They fed me Texas brisket!! It's yummy!! Then we got to go see a football game and Bryce Dryden made a GREAT touchdown!!


I've really enjoyed getting to know so many people hear and I will miss them when I go back to Canada! But the NORTH is calling to me! I do like it here, and it's kind of weird that the people are not that much different from the people in Canada, though some of the people from this church who came to camp this summer though Canadian Christians were QUITE different! (In a good way of course!) But really, there are so many of the same struggles and temptations for everyone.


When I return to Canada, I will be looking into either taking some classes, or joining Northern Canada Evangelical Mission (NCEM) for short term...then possibly James and I will both join for long term after we are married.


I hope everyone is doing well! I was so encouraged to see so many people expressing their thanks on Thanksgiving Day! I didn't have the celebration formally, but I did get to share it with friends! God is good! He works in mysterious ways!
Take care!


~spudout~


Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 10:35 PM   2 comments Comments: karina, can you post a picture of your ring... ang wants to see it! and both of us bonnie roomies send warm wishes and big hellos in your general direction!
# posted by Blogger elly : 6:08 PM   Hey karina (not my sister) Hope to hear from you soon. I bet it warm there. I heard its; going to snow here and I'm not looking forward to it, blah!

safe journey,k?

Gotta ghost,

Nathan Wolfe
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:53 PM   Post a Comment

>