Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~ Helen Keller ~
Isn’t it interesting how life works? We want to figure it out. We want to conquer life. Yet, so often we run into people who live in defeat of their circumstances. But the saddest thing to see is when you, yourself have been defeated.
I am so glad that it doesn’t have to end there! I am reminded in drama practice, that when you react as a mime, you do the opposite action first in order to make the desired action look bigger. So when we fall, it helps to make our coming up look even more amazing! It creates an even clearer picture of God’s grace in our lives.
As the days go by, there is a nice little count down in my brain…“How many more days until the wedding?” As many of you know that James and I plan to be married December 28, 2007. God has had His hand in all of this and our decision making. We realized that if we waited to get married after team was over, there wouldn’t be very much time to get everything done between team and going back to school (for James).
In our touring across Alberta and Saskatchewan this fall, we have been doing programs for youth groups, schools, and churches. We hope to get people inspired to get involved in missions. I am amazed at the openings God has helped our staff schedule us into. Since we have so many opportunities, we have been on the go a lot. God has provided the strength we need each day…but some days…we just squeak by. Please pray for our energy and rest. Sometimes it is really hard to be always in a new bed every night. I miss my own bed sometimes.
My team has just been informed of the up and coming Spring Break teams. James and I are going to be leading a team from Manitoba to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. This will be exciting! There are four groups that will travel down to Costa Rica, and we will all disperse from there. Right now the number of people is up to 95! It’s almost enough to fill our own plane! And it is the largest Spring Break group that has ever gone in the history of VTI. This will definitely be a growing experience to lead such a large group. There is also the summer GAP team coming up this summer, though I’m not sure what my destination will be.
Our team has been recording a few songs on CD. God has helped us to use our time well. It is exciting because January 18, 2008 will be a Stereotrap concert (they are a local Saskatoon band) that we are scheduled to open for! I am encouraged at their willingness to help VTI. This is an incredible opportunity to raise awareness and support for VTI!
· God has been answering many of our prayers. He has been providing for us in amazing ways. James has had some more financial support come in, we’ve have had safety in our travels, and many of the wedding plans have come together - most of which ended up being free! PTL!
· Please pray and trust God that He will continue to provide the financial support for myself and James. My monthly support has not been consistent. My support is supposed to be $550/month. The last couple months, it’s averaged around $295. And please pray that God will bring in the finances to cover some of the cost for the plane tickets.
· James and I would definitely appreciate your prayers about our wedding. We will come back on team after our Christmas break is done. It will definitely make team be different. But it will be an adventure for sure.
· I would also appreciate if you would continue to pray for my health and focus while I’m on team.
Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayer. Your friendship and support is so valuable, and I know that what I’m doing would be so much more difficult without people like you! God bless you!
~ Karina ~
Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @
3:42 PM
0 comments
Comments: