My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Sunday, February 03, 2008  
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE DOING?

WOW! So we just finished this mission festival weekend. My team had a chance to go to different workshops and sessions. But there were some things that really struck me. Often we are unclear at what mission really is. Charles Price put it this way, "Missions is the WHOLE church taking the WHOLE gospel to the WHOLE world!" He went on to talk about how many people will never go to the 'ends of the earth,' but he gave a specific challenge: "WHAT is your connection to the ends of the earth?" You see, you can actually touch the ends of the earth without ever going there by your prayers of intercession. Watch and see how God will connect your prayers in your life.

Another thing that really shocked me was the story of Gracia Burnham. She is a missionary with New Tribes Mission and had been serving in the Philippines and had been taken hostage with her husband for over a year. She was talking about some lessons that she learned during that time. She had mentioned how she had always had a dream about taking the gospel to unreached people and never imagined herself becoming a speaker for conferences in North America. She told an interesting story.

One of the statistics that Gracia had heard was : for every unreached people group there are 6 evangelical/Bible teaching churches. She thought well, that's great! Then 5 churches need to get together and send out one couple and all the people groups should be reached in no time! But to her shock (and later to mine as well...), someone came up to her and said. "Gracia, I'm sorry but the ratio is not 1:6 it is actually 1:600!"

When I heard that, it blew my mind away. Just think. There are 600 evangelical churches for EVERY unreached people group out there!!!! WHY? This statistic MUST be changed for the sake of those who are lost without hope and without a Savior.

I admit. I've been going through a time where I haven't been praying enough for people around the world. I sometimes don't take advantage of those little conversations with strangers that I feel God has brought to me. I think that is why this statistic struck me so hard.

My excuse is often, "well, I don't have the proper gifting to be an evangelist...someone else can do it." But what God has been reminding me is that He made my mouth, He made my brain, He gave me the capacity to think and to speak. If He made that, is it not His? Can He not do with it as He wants? Is He not able to give me the words that I so desperately search for?

He is willing and able!

ARE WE?



Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 6:41 PM   1 comments Comments: Hey Karina!

I really like the question "WHAT is your connection to the ends of the earth?" Whether I'm right or wrong, I tend to think of the Great Commission as something we need to think about collectively and individually (what are we doing, and what am I doing?

I was just writing about the GC too, you can read it here if you like...

Thanks for the reminders! :)
# posted by Blogger Jim : 6:25 AM   Post a Comment

>