Wednesday, September 03, 2008
My Life in Fast-Forward!

So, I haven’t updated my life story in a long time! It’s so crazy how time can just fly by. There are so many moments to seize, it’s hard to know when to just sit back and type...PLUS...I haven’t had a computer to do write on lately.

There have been so many things that have happened lately. Let me begin by saying, I really love being married!! James and I have loved being on teams with VTI. We love playing music together and with our Encore team, and leading our teams to Costa Rica and Southeastern Europe was a blast! We were encouraged so much to be able to work together and play off each other’s strengths, but it was our team members that affirmed us so much.

We have the opportunity to come back on another team. Why stop a good thing? May as well do this while we’re young, and before we have any kids.

So, when we got home (for our holiday), we went to a couple of weddings, a mission conference, and then drifted between our parents’ homes. We finally arrived at my parents’ house, and a big wind storm hit about an hour later.

It was so CRAZY! There were tree branches littering our back yard, and the door of our big cover-all building was torn off! One of our little sheds was shoved over about three feet! And our haystacks were pretty messed up.
It was quite the exciting day! My dad, James, and I went out to fix the hay stack and we got rained on pretty bad. I don’t remember the last time I’ve worn jeans that were falling down because they were so heavy with water! You know you’re not a kid anymore when you think, “I would’ve never chose to come out and get wet, but now that I’m wet, it was pretty fun!”
Then we ended up going over to Nipawin to a Froese family reunion. I got to meet a lot of James’ extended family. There were some NBC friends that we got to visit with. It was really nice to see Janelle and Bryce and Dielle before we take off for Alberta. Now, we’re just trying to finish all the little things to do before we go. :) When we get to VTI we’ll rest better I think.

Did I mention that I am now an Auntie?? My brother and his wife are the proud parents of Kai Immanuel Gradin. And he's a beautiful little boy! I wish I could be around a lot more often. We'll see what happens next summer.

:)
Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @
2:34 PM
0 comments
Comments: