My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

So I just got home from traveling around Canada with VTI on one of their teams. I got married to the love of my life just after Christmas in 2007. We retured to team after the honeymoon. God is good! And it's great to see what God is doing around the world! We'll see what happens next.



Links

James
J and K story
Dan & Laura
Elly
Bryce
Jordan & Valean
AJ
Rhys
James II
Bryce II
My Blog the II
Essy
Jenna
Tim L.
Natman
Paul
Amy
Crystal
Tinaya
Missionary Blogs
VTI
NCEM
Arabian Horses
Beth
Scott
The Sorells
My Pictures
My Multiply Site



Archives

March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
February 2006
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
July 2009
September 2009


Spudmania

~ Spudding this and Spudding that ~ Spudding near and far ~ Spudding Christ right where you're at ~ Spudding people where you are ~ Spudout!!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009  
Summer 2009
I haven't updated this website for quite awhile now...I think it is time.



Transitioning from VTI to home has been an interesting turn of events. Immediately, we were faced with the inevitable question, “What are you doing now?” Most people in their mid twenties are supposed to know this...granted, James and I did know what we were doing while we were with VTI. And so began our journey of finding balance between waiting for the opportunity and moving forward with it.

Our biggest challenge was our lack of motivation from coming out of a grueling year as team leaders. If something was to go wrong, it always ended up falling on our backs one way or the other. I’m just thankful that James didn’t have to be team leader alone this year...I am very much liking my role as his help-mate.

I like being married!

So James and I recently attended our second interview regarding a youth leader position. It was a little intimidating at first...until the pastor and an elder of the church took us out to DQ for ice cream. YUM! So we got the run down of the vision of the church. And if we are hired, it is our job to find out how to reach that goal. So the position we will be candidating for is a little broader than a youth pastor, the role is actually an Associate Pastor with a youth emphasis at the Nipawin Alliance Church.

As exciting as this is, James and I have been experiencing some major spiritual attacks. So Sunday-Tuesday we went out to my parent's farm to have a quiet time/re-focus time/rest...

But I was really blessed on Sunday morning doing music with Carolyn Smith at the Indian Alliance Fellowship. I really liked the songs she picked. It was like God was speaking to me directly through them. He was reminding me that the Battle Belongs to the Lord, and though we may have troubles, He has overcome the world...John 14:1 starts off with, "Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God..."

So I am starting to really look forward to what the Lord has in store for us this summer. James has to finish a few items of paper work, and then we will go to Nipawin for a weekend at the end of July.

YAY!

So aside from attending weddings, designing T-shirts, and house-sitting, we are busy filling in all the paperwork required for this position. As well as doing odd jobs here and there. For July and August, we may sign up on the Odd Job Squad?? here in the Prince Albert area.

Thank you so much for your prayers and friendship. It really means a lot to us both!
Have a wonderful Summer!
Grace and Peace,

Labels: ,



Posted by Karina: Queen of Spuds @ 5:31 PM   0 comments Comments: Post a Comment

>